Personal data we collect
We collect personal data from you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us.
This can include information you provide when you request fabric samples on our website, create an account on our website, visit our showroom in personal, complete an online form via our website or through social channels, provide feedback, provide reviews on our products or 3rd party review platforms, enter competitions, correspond with us, purchase products our website, subscribe to our newsletter provision, respond to surveys, discounts or promotions and information received to us through our customer service phone line.
The type of personal data we collect
- Contact details: Your name, email address, telephone number, billing and delivery addresses.
- Comments and opinions: Feedback, reviews and opinions on our products or services or when you respond surveys, competitions, questions and promotions on our website and on or via 3rd party channels.
- Written correspondence: Messages you send to us such as email and written correspondence.
- Product interest information: Information about products you have looked at, products that you have added to your shopping cart on the website, products you have added to your wish list.
- Payment and transaction information: Transactional information such as payment method, credit or debit card details, information on the products you purchase from us.
- Notification preferences: your notification and messaging preferences or how the website is displayed.
- Usage information: Information about how you use our website. For instance:
7.1. Pages and links you access, the time you access the website and duration you are on it, the referral source you come to the website from or go to after leaving the website and selections and navigation choices you make when using the website.
7.2. Information on the computer device you use to connect to the website such as details about the device type, its operating system, browser used, your Internet service provider or mobile network, and your IP address.
- IP address: Information about your approximate location other that what you choose to provide. Your device IP address help us determine an approximate location however this will be no more precise than the city, region or country you are using your device from when you access our website.
- Information from fraud prevention organisations when permitted by law: If fraudulent activity is suspected relating to your account, we may be provided with information by credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website.
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website.
- Understand and analyze how you use our website.
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Send you emails.
- Find and prevent fraud.
We process your personal data
- with your consent
- when we need to fulfill a contract of sale with you,
- where we are required to do this
- when it is in our legitimate interests to do this when these interests, not overridden by your data protection rights.
Information we share with 3rd parties
ComfoRest may share your personal data with the following parties:
- Service providers, partners and advisors: 3rd parties who provide a service to us, 3rd parties who partner with us or advise us on certain business activities or that we work with in other business capacities i.e. Logistics partners requiring delivery addresses.
- We may also pass your personal data to our marketing and other business partners and other carefully selected 3rd parties who may wish to offer you other goods that we or they have identified as likely to be of interest to you. These 3rd parties will only be allowed to use your personal data in accordance with our instructions or your marketing preferences and will be required to keep your information secure.
- Purchasers of our business: personal data may be disclosed or transferred to buyers or prospective acquirers of ComfoRest or any of our assets as part of the sale.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: 3rd parties who we are under a legal obligation to disclose your personal data to or who we need to disclose your personal data to safeguard our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of others, detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
ComfoRest does not disclose personal data to anyone else except as set out above, where permitted by law and / or with your consent. We may provide 3rd parties with aggregate statistical data and analytics about users of the website but we will make sure that no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
Marketing & Advertising
Only upon your explicit consent, we may contact you by email with information about our similar products which we think you may be interested in. If at any point you do not want us to send you email marketing, please contact us. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you.
ComfoRest will send you email notifications in relation to updates and changes to your order.
Advertising on the site and other websites
We may show advertisements to you on our website or on other 3rd party channels. To do this we, or our advertising partners, may collect information about how you use the website or the types of other web pages, content and ads you, or others who are using the device you connect to the website, interact with, visit or view.
The information collected might also include the IP address of the device you connect to the website or the e-mail address you provide to us. We, or our advertising partners, use the information that is collected to make sure adverts you experience either on the website or other channels are more relevant to you.
The techniques our advertising partners use recognize the device or e-mail address you are using browser cookies and similar technologies. Find out more about cookies and how to control their access by reading our Cookies Policy.
Storing and transferring your personal data
EU contractual clauses
ComfoRest have in place approved standard EU contractual clauses or rely on alternative transfer mechanisms to protect your personal data.
Your rights regarding your personal data
- Cookies: Please review our policy for more information on your rights with regards to our use of browser cookies.
- Control: You have the right to access, change, block, transfer, complete, delete and update your personal data, and to restrict its use. You also have the right to request further information about the processing of your personal data.
There are exceptions to your rights; for instance, data access may be refused if it would reveal personal data about another person or if we are prevented from disclosing such information by law.
We endeavor to satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your personal data. If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to the relevant data protection authority.
When we ask you to supply us with your personal data we will make it clear whether the data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you, or whether the supply of any information we ask for is optional.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will retain your information for as long as we believe it is necessary to fulfill our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts. This remains irrespective of whether your account is active or not.
Links to 3rd party websites
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these platforms, please note that these will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those sources.
Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.